Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Attack of the Man-Cold and Blogging Award

Is it Wednesday already?

*shuffles papers and looks guilty*

Nope, no blog post in sight. But I have an excuse. Kind of. Over the weekend, my husband came back from a conference trip and picked up a bug somewhere along his travels. On Sunday, I could tell something was wrong by his grim demeanor. By Monday, he was out for the count with chills, headache, and an evil sore throat. Man-cold.

I’m not going to bore you with a recap of the whining, the coughing, the woe-is-me looks I’ve been getting over the last couple of days. Suffice it to say, I’ve been a bit distracted.

That’s why I was so pleased to see that my critique partner and blogger-in-crime Lori M. Lee bestowed upon me the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award (and saved me the trouble of divining my own topic for today).


As thanks, I must disclosure four guilty pleasures of mine…

  • Chocolate – at least once a day, every day. Or else.
  • Playing Nintendo Wii – I go through spurts. I won’t touch the console for months, then I’ll play for two hours every day for a weeks at a time. Right now I’m working my way through Muramasa – The Demon Blade and (still) trying to collect all the star coins in The New Super Mario Brothers.
  • Loose-leaf Tea – Before bed I’ve been drinking Lavender Chamomile to help me wind down. On days I’m not at the coffee shop, I get my caffeine fix from a pot of Mint and Lemon Gunpowder green tea. So good.
  • Buying Books – when I know I should be writing my own:)

I’m passing this award on to my other cp Anoymeet; new writing friends Brenda Kezar, Elizabeth Twist, and sophthewriter; and my writing friends since I first started blogging Laura Marcella and Sharon K. Mayhew. Thank you all.

10 comments:

Laura S. said...

Thanks, Bluestocking! It's such a delightful award! Indulging in chocolate and buying books are my guilty pleasures, too. :)

I hope your hubby gets better soon for your sake, lol.

Sophia Chang said...

Awww thanks Blue!

EVERYone is sick right now, man! First my bf had a cold, then I traveled and brought back strep, and now my bf got bronchitis from his mom. Nonstop, whew.

I'm taking that echinaccea now.

Lori M. Lee said...

Those are great guilty pleasures haha. Buying books? *___* Chocolate?! *__* GAMING? *____* I had to quit World of Warcraft b/c I literally got NOTHING done lol.

K.B. Owen said...

LOL! *snort* I can so relate to the man-cold thing. You'd think the world had come to an end, but if I get sick...well, let's not go there. Hope you didn't get it!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Congratulations on the award...I love awards where you learn little bits about the blog authors. Thanks for passing the award along to me and thanks for being my blog friend or so long...

Jeff Beesler said...

Wii is the first Nintendo System to come out in years which I haven't gotten. Not sure if I'll ever get it, actually.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!

I gotta say, though - nothing to feel guilty about when buying books!

Also - mint and lemon gunpowder tea? I am very intrigued!

Lena S. said...

Your list of guilty pleasures is very similar to mine! If you like lavender in tea, it's also very nice in Earl Gray. Even better would be lavender earl gray creme brulee...sorry, I got side tracked there. Congrats on getting an award!

Angela Ackerman said...

Oh the man cold. I know it well, lol! We get sick and it's all suck it up, but they get sick..?

Nice award. Now I totally need some strawberry shortcake!

Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

Bluestocking said...

Thank you to the ladies who understand what it's like to deal with the man-cold! It's been a rough couple of days. Didn't get sick, but I'm not at 100% either. Been taking emergen-C like a fiend!

LoriMLee, Jeffrey, I am a big video game fan. Had an old school Nintendo growing up, and then only PC games until my husband and I got a Wii two Christmases ago. Can't touch things like World of Warcraft though -- don't think I'd be able to resist getting sucked in. Nothing would be the same after that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...